Re: [geometry] Remove liveness (was: Re: [blink-dev] Re: Intent to Implement: Geometry Interfaces)

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:52:19 +0100, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>
> I don't know. Maybe we could remove it and add a .fromQuad() static
> method
>> on DOMRect/DOMRectReadOnly, that gives the bounding rectangle (new
>> object
>> every time)?
>

> That seems rather more mysterious than calling/accessing something named
> "bounds", and doesn't extend to other things we might want to expose a
> bounding rect for.

True.

New suggestion: Replace .bounds with [NewObject] DOMRect getBounds(); (No
need to use DOMRectReadOnly if it's not live.)

I suppose we could name it getBoundingClientRect() for consistency with
the method on Element, although that is a bit long and the "Client" part
is legacy...

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software