Re: [geometry] Remove liveness (was: Re: [blink-dev] Re: Intent to Implement: Geometry Interfaces)

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:48:02 +0100, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 11:35 PM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought this had been discussed in the past, but I can't find anything
>> now. Only
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2014JanMar/0012.html
>> which
>> isn't asking for non-liveness.
>>
>> The only live object is DOMQuad#bounds, I believe.
>>
>> https://drafts.fxtf.org/geometry/#associated-bounding-rectangle
>>
>> What are the pros and cons for live vs non-live for this object?
>>

> If it's not live, would you have an attribute that returns a new object
> every time, or a method that returns a new object every time, or an
> attribute (or method) that returns a new object every time the DOMQuad
> changes, or what?

I don't know. Maybe we could remove it and add a .fromQuad() static method
on DOMRect/DOMRectReadOnly, that gives the bounding rectangle (new object
every time)?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software