Re: [css-transforms] 'transform-box' defaults in svg

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 12:59 AM, Erik Dahlström <erik@xn--dahlstrm-t4a.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:44:16 +0200, Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The default `transform-box` for SVG needs to be `view-box` in order to be
>> consistent with current (SVG 1.1) behavior.  SVG transformations are by
>> default relative to 0,0 in the userSpace coordinate system.  So the SVG
>> default transform-origin is 0,0 and the default transform-box must somehow
>> work out as equivalent to view-box.
>
> Which is fine up to the point where 'transform-origin' is explicitly set to something else, since IMHO that implies that the author wanted a different behavior. I'd think that what most authors would like in this case, is for rotate and scale transforms to operate on the element in an intuitive way, and not to have to explicitly override two different properties (transform-origin AND transform-box) in order to get that.

Ah because the default is still 0 0 on transform-origin even though you use transform-box: fill? You want that transform-origin switches to the behavior of HTML automatically once you set transform-box: fill? That sounds like CSS magic :)

Greetings,
Dirk