Re: [css-transforms] 'transform-box' defaults in svg

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:44:16 +0200, Amelia Bellamy-Royds
<amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com> wrote:

> The default `transform-box` for SVG needs to be `view-box` in order to be
> consistent with current (SVG 1.1) behavior.  SVG transformations are by
> default relative to 0,0 in the userSpace coordinate system.  So the SVG
> default transform-origin is 0,0 and the default transform-box must
> somehow
> work out as equivalent to view-box.

Which is fine up to the point where 'transform-origin' is explicitly set
to something else, since IMHO that implies that the author wanted a
different behavior. I'd think that what most authors would like in this
case, is for rotate and scale transforms to operate on the element in an
intuitive way, and not to have to explicitly override two different
properties (transform-origin AND transform-box) in order to get that.

/ed