Re: [css-filters-2] Clarify 'backdrop-filter' in circular case

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You execute an extra pass where you render everything upto your nearest
>> Then you use this as input to the backdrop filter.
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/filters.html#EnableBackgroundProperty describes
>> the algorithm in more details.
>>
>> This is the same problem that we faced when we planning on introducing
>> non-isolated blending. https://codereview.chromium.org/23455060/#msg33
>> describes the notes from enne on how to implement this.
>
> The actual location of the solution is here:
> https://codereview.chromium.org/23455060/#msg37

Can this algorithm be ported into the actual spec?  There's currently
no link from Filters or Compositing to that algorithm, and even if
there was, you have to realize the need to translate between
'enable-background' and 'isolation'/all the other properties that
cause a stacking context.

~TJ