Re: [web-animations] Not clear behaviour for invalid cubic bezier timing function

On 2015/02/03 17:07, "Сергей Грехов" wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It is said in the specification
> (http://w3c.github.io/web-animations/#typedef-cubic-bezier-timing-function)

>      Specifies a cubic Bézier timing function. The four numbers specify
> points P1 and P2 of the curve as (x1, y1, x2, y2). Both x values must
> be in the range [0, 1] or the definition is invalid.
>
> It is also said in the spec
> (http://w3c.github.io/web-animations/#dom-animationtiming-easing) that:
>
> Unrecognized string values or values that correspond to a timing function
> that is not supported for the type of animation node to which this
> property is applied are treated as if the linear keyword was specified for
> the purpose of timing model calculations.
>
> But it is not quite clear what behaviour should be if there are values
> outside [0, 1] range and definition is invalid? Should invalid
> cubic-bezier definition be treated as linear?

Yes, that's correct. Perhaps it would be more clear if I replaced
"Unrecognized string values" with "Unrecognized or invalid string values"?

I've made that change here:

https://github.com/w3c/web-animations/commit/7843a090ba9fdf2c85ce8429c7c2b754c2e64d1c

Please let me know if this addresses the problem.

Best regards,

Brian