Re: Should filters on the root element affect the entire canvas?

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> 2)  The "canvas background", which comes from either the root element or
>>> the
>>

>> Yup.
>>
>>> (and the <body>?  Would really rather not go there).
>>

>> No.  If the <body> background gets promoted to the canvas, oh well, no
>> filter on it.  No need to extend the crazy behavior further than
>> necessary.
>
> I was talking about 'filter' set on the <body> and whether that should
> affect the "canvas background".  Are you suggesting that a 'filter' set on
> not when it comes from <body>?  That seems a bit annoying to implement and
> more complicated to specify, and it's not clear to me why it's desirable.

No, not sure how you got that from my response; I definitely knew what
you were talking about, and responded accordingly.

* 'filter' on <html> always affects the canvas background, regardless
of where the background comes from
* 'filter' on <body> affects <body>'s background if it still owns the
background; if the background was promoted to the canvas, 'filter' on

~TJ