Re: [web-animations] Web Animations minutes, 2 Oct 2014

I think that having an 'always on' animation is pretty useful.

It might be enough just to have an 'always on from the start of the
document's timeline' animation, but an author could pretty easily end up
accidentally going outside that bound when manipulating currentTime and
playbackRate on a player. Having an animation guaranteed to be running no
matter what seems like a pretty basic primitive.

If we accept the need for this primitive, then 'delay = -Infinity;
iterations = Infinity' seems like a pretty straightforward way to represent
it. A little bit of extra specification cost is worth it if the result is
intuitive to developers.

Cheers,
    -Shane