Re: [compositing] background-blend-mode on the root element

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Lea Verou <lea@verou.me> wrote:

> I wasn’t able to attend today’s call, but I was planning to mention that
> authors use blending with transparent colors for fade animations between a
> blended image and a normal image, since *-blend-mode is not animatable
> [1][2].

True and because background images on the root element draw differently,
authors get unexpected behavior.

We resolved this morning that background images on the root element should
not behave differently from other elements. They need to compose on an
initial transparent backdrop and then matted with the white background.