Re: [geometry] DOMMatrix with DOMString argument

On May 23, 2014, at 11:32 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>> 2) If no Element was passed, what is the fallback for relative of percentage values?
>
> Generally speaking, these types of things are resolved against a 0
> length.  I suppose that em/rem/etc should be resolved against the UA
> default font and font-size.

I checked MSCSSMatrix and WebKitCSSMatrix. Both have a method called setMatrixValue which takes a DOMString as argument. This DOMString takes a <transform-list> in the CSS Transforms notation. Percentage length values and relative length values throw a SyntaxError exception for both engines. It is at least another possibility. I am not sure if UAs can access font data without a document even though it should be possible.

Greetings,
Dirk