Re: [filter-effects] initial color for drop-shadow() filter function

On Jul 29, 2013, at 9:49 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you don't pass a color, it seems you should use the initial values of feFlood [1] which is 100% opaque black.
>
> Is the current color often used with the box-shadow property?

It is most likely a rare use case. I do not think that it is really used actively. If you do not set the 'color' property, the initial value is most likely black anyway. (Depends on the UA according to the spec[1], but most browsers seem to agree.) If you set it, then the shadow could be in the mood that you define for the page with 'color', which can be quite useful.
Again, I would expect that authors want the same behavior for drop-shadow as for box-shadow/text-shadow.

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/#foreground