Re: [css-masking] transform on SVGClipPathElement and SVGMaskElement

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 17:31:46 -0800
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>

On Jan 4, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> When I converted SVG 2's IDL to Web IDL, I made SVGClipPathElement
> inherit from SVGDefinitionElement -- but it probably should inherit from
> SVGTransformableElement instead, since transform="" is allowed to be
> specified on it.
>
> Also, it seems like if transform="" is allowed on SVGClipPathElement
> then it should also be allowed on SVGMaskElement.

We had this discussion on the SVG meeting before. I brought about the same issue. Back then we decided that it needs more investigation why SVGMaskElement is not transformable in the first place. I would prefer making it transformable as well for consistency reasons.

Greetings,
Dirk

PS: Just curious: Why did you mail that to public-fx and not www-svg?