Re: [filter-effects] feBlend filter

From: Tavmjong Bah <tavmjong@free.fr>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:49:55 +0200
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: public-fx@w3.org, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 13:52 -0700, Rik Cabanier wrote:

There is a perhaps a more obvious example at:

http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Filters-Compositing.html

I don't know where the comment in the text about this problem being
fixed in SVG 1.2 came from. I can't find anything in the that spec about
it.

A cleaned up SVG file of this example is attached. The example renders
as expected in Opera, Batik, srvg, and Inkscape, but not in Firefox or
Chrome.

I think that this is an important enough flaw in SVG 1.1 that breaking
backwards compatibility may be warranted.

Tav

Filters_Background_cleaned.svg
(image/svg+xml attachment: Filters_Background_cleaned.svg)