Re: [css-compositing]new Editor's draft posted

As a quick recap, people voiced concerns about the following issues before:
- background-blend-mode blends with the entire backdrop of the element
- does mix-blend-mode create a stacking context?
- what is the backdrop of mix-blend-mode?

The spec was changed so:
- images that have background-blend-mode applied will only blend between
themselves and the background color
- mix-blend-mode always creates a stacking context
- the backdrop is the stacking context of your ancestor -> this still needs
more discussion and is marked as an issue since it could be the ancestor
layer.

CSS constructs that create groups or layers, is something that developers
are getting more familiar with.
I realize that browser vendors are hesitant to specify them but it looks
that Google is starting to educate its users about them.
For instance, layers (and their effect on performance) are discussed at
Google IO here:

https://developers.google.com/events/io/sessions/325933151
https://developers.google.com/events/io/sessions/325091862

Rik