Re: Updated to the blending and compositing spec (was: minutes, December 10 2012, FXTF telcon)

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:02:58 -0800
To: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org>
Cc: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, public-fx@w3.org
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Lea Verou <lea@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Rik,
>
> I thought we agreed that the use case of applying different blending modes
> to different shadows/background images/etc was pretty rare and we'd resort
> to simpler syntax for now that covers the more common use cases? Did I
> misunderstand?

No, you didn't misunderstand.
The spec is updated so you blend the composited result of the shadows and
the background images.
For instance, see
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/rawfile/tip/compositing/index.html#box-shadow-blend-mode
:

Sets the blend mode of the composited result of all the box shadows.

I did not update background-composite since we didn't discuss it and
currently matches an existing webkit only feature.

Rik