Re: Updated to the blending and compositing spec (was: minutes, December 10 2012, FXTF telcon)

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:02:58 -0800
To: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org>
Cc: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, public-fx@w3.org
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Lea Verou <lea@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Rik,
> I thought we agreed that the use case of applying different blending modes
> to different shadows/background images/etc was pretty rare and we'd resort
> to simpler syntax for now that covers the more common use cases? Did I
> misunderstand?

No, you didn't misunderstand.
The spec is updated so you blend the composited result of the shadows and
the background images.
For instance, see

Sets the blend mode of the composited result of all the box shadows.

I did not update background-composite since we didn't discuss it and
currently matches an existing webkit only feature.