Re: [css-masking] Using masks and clipping to allow or inhibit selections or events.

From: Ian Tindale <ian.tindale@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 07:39:53 +0000
To: public-fx@w3.org
It’s not quite the same. I imagine being able to draw an SVG “gasket”
through which only certain areas are responsive at all in any way, and all
other areas are masked out. If this were a default approach for all web
apps, we’d turn the user agent from being a browser, to being an app
substrate, diminishing the inherited characteristic of the browser being
essentially a hypertext viewer in origin.

--
*Ian Tindale*