Re: [filter-effects] New syntax proposal for 'custom' filter function

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:42:19 -0800
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Cc: "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Throughout your examples you've used strings, not idents.  I agree
>> with IDENT, but I want to make sure that you actually meant that.
>
> I want to follow CSS Animations and Font-face here, and looked at CSS Animations WD. But sadly the WD used IDENT, which was corrected in the ED. I will correct it as well.

I'm not sure I understand your response.  I like the use of IDENT, but
your example look like this:

@custom-shader "foo" {
  format: "glsl";
}
.bar { filter: custom("foo"); }

when they should instead look like this:

@custom-shader foo {
  format: glsl;
}
.bar { filter: custom(foo); }

I was just trying to verify that the latter is indeed what you want (I
hope it is).