Re: GLSL ES & CSS Filters

On Oct 15, 2012, at 10:58 PM, Mark Callow <callow.mark@artspark.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> On 2012/10/12 7:42, Max Vujovic wrote:
>> I made a functioning proof of concept attack several months ago, before we implemented any of the security restrictions in WebKit. On the malicious page, I was able to query arbitrary URLs, and within 500ms, I could get a "yes" or "no" answer regarding whether the user had visited a URL. I'm fairly confident I could bring the query time per URL down to 40ms or less.
>>

> Thank you for explaining your proof of concept. I would like to see the JS part of it too, if you wouldn't mind sending it to me. I have a few thoughts about mitigation and am trying to see which, if any, cases my ideas would inhibit.
>
> Is running filters typically pipelined and done in parallel with running the JS, or is everything serial?
> Regards
I know that Dean warned for possible FUD and FUC. But can we still move the security concerns discussion to the mailing list "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org> please? In general we try to avoid shadow discussions that are not public available. The HTML web platform has a variety of security experts that can give you a lot of details.

Greetings,
Dirk