RE: [Public WebGL] [filters] Shading language recommendation

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:49:47 +0000
To: "steve@sjbaker.org" <steve@sjbaker.org>
CC: "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>

[Steve Baker]

> How then do you respond to my two substantive points?

Your substantive points are irrelevant. We are not talking about WebGL.

> If this is truly about making a good standard and not about Microsoft's
> usual "Embrace, extend, extinguish" tactics (please don't deny that)
> [snip]

Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome and a whole collection of WebKits: yeah,
this extinguish thing has *obviously* worked brilliantly for us so we'll
stick to it. Duh, even.

Please cut the trolling, the speculation and the rants. This is a mailing
list. People come here to do work. If I want to see people going off into
the weeds of their pet conspiracy theories there are far more entertaining
places.

> We need a single shader language standard because sooner or later, other
> web-based technologies such as SVG and <canvas> will require it.

Ah, I see. 'We' need a single language, GL SL is a single language, therefore
we need GL SL.

I think we're done with this part of the thread.