Re: [filters] Shading language recommendation

2012/8/22 Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>

> On Aug 22, 2012, at 7:08 AM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>

> [Dirk Schulze:]
>

> I'll add an issue to the specification and mention your concern with the
> link to this thread. Do you think that this concern blocks publishing
> FPWD? Are you ok with publishing The WD when it explicitly mentions your
> concern?
>
> I would like to resolve this before FPWD.
>

> I'd like to return to the questions put forth in previous posts:
>
> 1) Is your objection technical or something else?
>
> 2) If your objection is based on the issue of "my platform does not
> support GLSL", what about ANGLE

ANGLE has been mentioned multiple times in this thread, but I would like to
point out that at least Opera --- for all I know, after all I don't work
there --- uses another equivalent compiler to translate GLSL to HLSL.

Just emphasizing that the choice of GLSL for WebGL does not force using
ANGLE.

Benoit