Re: [web-anim] API feedback

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 08:55:24 +0200
To: "Brian Birtles" <bbirtles@mozilla.com>
Cc: <public-fx@w3.org>
|  As far as I can tell, this is specific to Safari (in Chrome,
|  document.createElement('img').__proto__ gives me
|  HTMLImageElement).

Actually IE, Opera and Safari share their implementation on this matter.
Only Chrome and Firefox differs. FireFox returns the not very informative
XPC_WN_ModsAllowed_NoCall_Proto_JSClass and Chrome indeed returns the class
name of the element, not the one of the prototype.

I just had a read into the WebIDL spec and both Firefox anc Chrome behaviors
are not valid according to the spec, btw:

##  The class string of an interface prototype object
##  is the concatenation of the interface’s identifier
##  and the string “Prototype”.