Re: Mask property syntax and CSS <image>

Isn't the new mask used as follows:

<rect id ="r_1...>
<rect mask="element(#r_1)">

or as CSS (?):

<rect id ="r_1...>
<rect style = "mask: element(#r_1);">

If so, I think it's compatible with the css4 element() notation.
In fact, I think we want the exact same wording and behavior as that
element. (Including the wording on compositing over a transparent backdrop)

Rik