Re: [compositing] linear-dodge (add) blend mode?

Yeah. For some reason my message got stuck. I figured it was somehow
lost so I sent it again. Sorry about that. There are now two entries
for Wednesday on the archives, which is strange.

Regarding the blending modes, perhaps we could have all the Photoshop
modes that are missing? That would be 'linear dodge', 'linear burn',
'divide', 'linear light', 'pin light', 'vivid light', 'lighter color',
'darker color' and 'hard mix'. I personally would leave out 'dissolve'
because frankly I've never seen anyone using it.

Another thing I think would be interesting: Blend modes that take in
account pixels other than the one immediately "behind" the current
pixel. For instance, having a "blur" blend mode where the luminosity
of each pixel on the image determines a blur radius to be applied to
the background. That would allow for interesting "tilt shift
photography" effects, as well for stuff like the windows on Windows
Vista/7.

I'm not sure if implementing this would viable, specially on mobile
hardware. But it might not be a problem since we already have stuff
like the blur filter in place. Special care would also need to be
taken to ensure all luminosity values take the same time to execute,
as you pointed out on section 9 of the spec.

Thanks,
-- Marco