Re: [css3-transforms] atomic inline-element?

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 14:47:05 +0100, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann
<Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the section
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-css3-transforms-20120228/#definitions
> notes an 'atomic inline-level element'. I think, neither the (X)HTML
> recommendations HTML4.01, XHTML 1.0/1.1, XHTML+RDFa nor
> the HTML5 draft does not contain such a construction.

See the second paragraph here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#inline-boxes

(The meaning of "atomic" in this context is "of or forming a single
irreducible unit or component in a larger system", as
oxforddictionaries.com puts it; this alludes to the fact that thb box of
an "atomic" inline-level element cannot be further split up across
multiple lines)