Re: [css3-transforms] transform-origin syntax: 3D vs. background-position

From: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:06:31 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, Tavmjong Bah <tavmjong@free.fr>, "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Firefox supports the full bg-position syntax in nightlies as of today.
>  I think Opera does as well.

Yeah, confirmed that Gecko nightlies support the new
background-position syntax.  I don't like it, but it has a bunch of
traction and might not be worth removing from background-position
itself.

I still don't think we should try to propagate the syntax to other
properties like transform-origin.  It should be restricted to
background-position only.  Anything else that wants <position>s should
use the older, simpler syntax only.  If it's too late to keep
background-position simple, it's not too late for other things.