Re: [css3-transforms] transform-origin syntax: 3D vs. background-position

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Firefox supports the full bg-position syntax in nightlies as of today.
>  I think Opera does as well.

Yeah, confirmed that Gecko nightlies support the new
background-position syntax.  I don't like it, but it has a bunch of
traction and might not be worth removing from background-position
itself.

I still don't think we should try to propagate the syntax to other
properties like transform-origin.  It should be restricted to
background-position only.  Anything else that wants <position>s should
use the older, simpler syntax only.  If it's too late to keep
background-position simple, it's not too late for other things.