Re: [filters] Custom filter functions proposal

From: Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 01:00:35 +0200
To: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
CC: Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>, public-fx@w3.org
On 20/2/12 22:59, Dean Jackson wrote:
> I agree this is a good idea. We had considered proposing this from the start, but figured it would slow the process down (I expect we would spend a lot of time iterating over syntax). It's also a change to parsing in SVG.
>
> I hope we can get to it soon.
>
> Dean
The change in SVG parsing is not tied to this proposal though, it needs
to be done anyway for SVG Parameters. SVG Parameters is something badly
needed in SVG anyway and I'd love to see development continue for that
spec. Authors are currently abusing Webfonts to get behavior that would
be much better implemented with SVG Parameters (i.e. utlizing the same
vector icon with different colors in different places).

--
Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)