Re: Brightness filter in CSS Filters spec is wrong?

Hi Chris,

I agree that the current definition looks incorrect.
To give you one more option, Flash also provides a brightness filter that
uses a colormatrix. It seems to provide what you're looking for since it
will darken and brighten the result.

For brightness settings that are negative (= darken), the formula is:

color.rgb * (1-brightness)

So, for rgb of (0, 255, 64) and brightness of -25%, the end result is (0,
191, 48)

For positive brightness (= lighten), the formula is:

color.rgb * (1-brightness) + vec3(brightness)

So, for rgb of (0, 255, 64) and brightness of 25%, the end result is (64,
255, 112)

Rik