Re: [css3-transforms] ...calcMode

From: Brian Birtles <birtles@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:07:29 +0900
To: public-fx@w3.org
(2012/06/05 0:04), Dirk Schulze wrote:
> Oh, that has nothing to to with error handling. In the example above
> the type supports 'linear'. Therefore it must be animated 'linear'.
> SMIL wants the host language to define the error handling and SVG
> does it. It should get animated till the first error.

Bear in mind that the error handling defined by SVG for animation is
considered by many to be too strict. In Gecko we initially implemented
to the letter, i.e. very strictly, but have been gradually relaxing it.
I believe most other implementations are more relaxed still.

This should change in SVG 2 to spec the more relaxed behaviour.[1]

Best regards,

Brian Birtles

[1]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG2_Requirements_Input#the_Animations_chapter