Re: [css3-transforms] ... interpolation wording

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:37:32 +0200
To: public-fx@w3.org

> > Maybe the word 'keyframe' indicates the second option, not sure,
> > if I understand this correctly, because the draft does not define what
> > a keyframe is (related to SVG/SMIL animations, I think, in the
> > draft about CSS animation this word is defined, but has no formal
> > relation to SVG/SMIL animations - and it would be only confusing
> > to require reading drafts about CSS animation to get
> > SVG/SMIL animation about transform values right - therefore
> > if 15 is intended to be applicable for both types of animation,
> > a few words need to be chosen more carefully to avoid
> > misunderstandings).
>
> There were concerns raised about this wording before. I tried to change the
> wording, so that it is not specific to any kind of animation, but describes
> interpolation between two transform function lists. See [3]. Would be happy
> to get your opinion about the change.

Would be better for avoid 'from' and 'to' at all.
Better variant is maybe more something like this:

'
When animating or transitioning transforms, the transform function lists must
be interpolated. For interpolation between two transform functions lists A
and B the rules described below are applied.

* If both the A and B are ‘none’:

'
Olaf