Re: Minutes, FXTF F2F Hamburg 9 May 2012

(2012/05/11 17:47), Erik Dahlstrom wrote:
> SVG attributes becoming properties
> ed: third issue, certain things that used to be content in SVG are now
> styleable
> ... e.g. width/height
> ... proposed resolution is to just accept that
> ... implication is that you no longer have to put them in the content
>
> ?: Will it be valid not to specify width/height on an element thenkrit

Two amendments to the minutes here. Firstly, the above was my comment.

Secondly, in the meeting Erik and I looked this up and width/height on
rect are REQUIRED, (not IMPLIED). i.e. if they are not specified the
element is invalid. The SVG DTD may need to be updated to support
promoting SVG attributes to properties.

We discussed this in the meeting but it didn't make the minutes.

Best regards,

Brian Birtles