[css3-transforms] scale 0 on non-scaling strokes (was: Minutes, FXTF F2F Hamburg 9 May 2012)

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:47:23 +0200
To: public-fx@w3.org
All,

on wednesday it was resolved that an element with a non-scaling stroke
should disappear when a scale factor goes to 0.
After thinking about this some more, I think that this doesn't make sense.
The geometry of the stroke does not scale, only the path does.
So, when scale goes to '0', the path would go to a line or a dot which then
should be stroked.

If the element is skewed to 90deg, I agree that everything should disappear.

I think the behavior that was agreed upon will cause rendering glitches. If
you have an animation that goes from scale(1,1) to scale(-1, 1), you will
see a flicker 50% into the animation.