Re: [Filter Effects][css3-transforms] Using MathML for formulas

I would like to know more about MathJax before I come to a conclusion for my self. MathJax is a Javascript library. Content in specifications should not rely on JS at all in my eyes.

But if I understood it correctly, than you can add formulas in pure MathML and the library would take care about the rendering? It would still mean that you cannot read the specification on disabled JavaScript and missing MathML support.

Is there a benefit to the idea of Aryeh to use CSS and check for the MathML namespace? My priority is the accessibility. If we can use pure MathML, the specs might be more accessible. The problem with Aryeh's solution is, that current screenreader don't inspect elements which are not displayed on the screen (e.g display:none). Therefore, on IE the MathML code wouldn't be accessible for screen reader users since the code does not get displayed. Would that be different with MathJax?

Greetings,
Dirk