[css3-transforms] Influencing layout

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 06:42:23 -0700
To: "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
Hi FX TF,

The first issue in the introduction of CSS3 Transforms [1] talks about the contribution of transforms to the layout. In general  it says there could be two roles. 1) Transforms influence layout of the page 2) Transforms don't. The issue was raised by Steve Zilles [2].

Given the fact that all browsers implement transforms in a way that does not influence layout and even CSS3 Transforms just describes 2), I'd like to remove this issue from the specification. We won't consider 1) in this specification at the moment.

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-transforms/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Oct/0209