Re: [css-shaders] CSS shaders for custom filters (ACTION-3072)

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:48:51 +1300
To: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org CSS" <www-style@w3.org>, "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>, SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Up until now filters haven't affected the processing of input events, mainly
because filters weren't really designed to modify geometry, but now it seems
to me that input events should be affected by the vertex shader so that the
event is delivered to the element it appears to be over. In most of your
demos, I think this behavior would be expected and any other behavior would
be wrong.

This would add to the desire that we be able to run the vertex shaders
easily on the CPU.

A related question is whether and how filters with vertex shaders should
affect any proposed APIs for converting points and quads from the coordinate
system of one element to another. Should those APIs take into account the
effects of vertex shaders?

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our