Re: luminanceToAlpha values in FEColorMatrix

Hi Rik,

On 02/09/2011, at 2:53 PM, Rik Cabanier wrote:

> PDF (and all Adobe apps that create luminosity masks) use 0.03 Red, 0.59 Green, 0.11 Blue which is close to ITU-R BT.601
>
> Where did you get the values for Flash?

Good catch! It turns out that I thought I was reading the Flash docs, but I was instead reading the docs for a Flash library. My mistake.

Also, while admitting that error, I found another since sending that email. The OpenGL values come from informative notes on the OpenGL site - not an official value.

> Flash content generated from our applications (such as InDesign and Acrobat.com) also use these values.
> I can ask internally where these numbers came from.

Maybe the question to ask is if the BT.709 values are acceptable? Given that they've been in the spec for a long time (although with a minor difference/error) I think we'd need a good reason to change them dramatically. I wonder what the Adobe SVG Viewer used - the Adobe values or the SVG values?

Dean