Re: Updated Filters 1.0 editor's draft

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:17:31 -0700
To: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
Cc: public-fx@w3.org
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
> - Added drop-shadow shorthand

Elika and I have been advocating an approach for functions where, when
possible, the contents are just normal CSS values.  Explicit
comma-separated argument lists should only be used when necessary for
disambiguation.  In particular, this would mean that blur() can
probably drop the commas and just accept one or two space-separated
lengths, and drop-shadow() can drop the commas and just use <shadow>,
perhaps with a restriction that you can't provide the 'input' keyword
(text-shadow does this).  Gamma and unsharp can potentially drop the
commas as well.

As a sidenote, while I understand the historic reasoning behind the
name of the unsharp() function, it's really super-confusing to have
something that sharpens an image be named "unsharp".  Could we change
this to just "sharpen" or something?