Re: Fullscreen API

Hi, Maciej-

Maciej Stachowiak wrote (on 2/8/11 1:22 PM):

> On some level it doesn't matter where this gets done.

That's the level I'm concentrating on.  I am more concerned with being
able to find somewhere convenient to start on it quickly.

>But on a
> technical level, the full screen API has little to do with CSS and
> almost nothing to do with SVG.

In a purely technical sense, it has almost nothing to do with HTML
either... though since HTML is by far the most common Web markup, it's
logical that it would be used more with HTML content than SVG.  But no
matter where it happens, I'd expect it to extend the Element and
Document interface for any markup language supported in the browser, not
just HTML, SVG, MathML, etc.

I don't think arguing about where it "belongs" is a productive or
satisfying topic... the only real implication for that is if the
resulting spec has input from the right authors and implementers, and
any appropriate IP concerns are covered.

If the HTML WG is willing to take this on and make progress quickly, I
have no problem with that.  I'm just trying to get standardization
started so authors can start using it everywhere.  It so happens that it
fits thematically with other "effects" like filters, gradients,
animations, etc., so I thought of the FX TF.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs