RE: Filters spec: CSS vs SVG

I'm confused. Apparently I'm not subscribed to all the relevant lists as the
proposal to gut filters functionality appears first to have been made known
in this particular email.

Again, I am confused. Is it that people are really seriously proposing to
gut all existing functionality from filters chaining?

Is there a process by which formal objections might be filed if so?

It sounds like a remarkably bad set of proposals if this is what people are
actually discussing!

Not only would it break existing content (that some people argue doesn't
matter anyhow, being only ten years' worth) but it breaks what one can do!

Surely Rik's summary must be overstated, as so backwards a set of steps
would seem to be remarkably backward!

What am I missing here?

David