Re: Updated filters specification

Hi Dean,

This looks very good!

A couple of questions:
1. Filter region extensions.
Why do you need to specify this? I can see that this is necessary for
certain types of filters, but for the most common ones, the browser can just
calculate if for you.
Could this be optional? It will for sure make author's life easier...

2. Accessing the background image
Would there ever be a reason to do this? This seems like a very expensive
operation that could be worked around by rearranging the content.

3. DropShadow filter
I see that you included a dropshadow filter (thank you!). Is there a reason
you didn't include it in the list of the filter functions?

Rik