Re: requestAnimationFrame

Hi, folks-

This is just a quick note to let you all know that the topic of APIs for
animation, both scripted and declarative, is one of the things that the
FX Task Force [1] (a joint task force between the CSS and SVG WGs) is
looking at, so we are following this thread with interest.

 From a Recommendation-track spec perspective, animation (and by
extension, animation APIs and timing stuff) are already in scope for
those groups, so we would like to standardize things there; obviously,
we would want the continued participation of the WebApps WG participants
as well.  (I prefer to avoid more painful chartering discussions.)

I'm not trying to cut off conversation here, I just wanted to make sure
people were aware.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/fx/

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs