Re: 2D Transforms Update - 14 Oct 2010

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:48:17 +1300
To: Anthony Grasso <Anthony.Grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Cc: "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>, Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>, "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Maybe I'm missing something, but for "transform-origin" you don't define
what the "bounding box" for an element in the CSS box model is. I guess from
the CSS draft, it's "the element's CSS box" --- which is quite different in
spirit to the SVG bounding box which "entirely encloses the element and its
descendants". Maybe this should be noted; it's probably going to confuse
authors. Or we could resolve the discrepancy by defining a new kind of SVG
bounding box that only bounds the element and not its descendants, and
defining transform-origin in terms of that.

Rob