Re: How does the svg element handle CSS border and background-color?

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:23:47 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Kevin Ar18 <kevinar18@hotmail.com>, public-fx@w3.org
On 08/23/2010 03:06 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, fantasai wrote:
>>>
>>> As far as I can tell, HTML5 does not consider the SVG element to be this
>>> kind of replaced content:
>>> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/rendering.html#replaced-elements
>>
>> I don't really know what "replaced element" means in HTML
>
> It's the CSS term -- that section is the part of HTML that defines how
> HTML maps to CSS.

I see. It might help to link to the definition, then. :) Although I'm
a little concerned that this is not connecting up very smoothly.

Wrt CSS, any element whose rendering is outside the scope of CSS rendering
rules is considered a "replaced element". This would include embedded SVG
and MathML.

~fantasai