Aspect ratios in SVG: Numbers or integers?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:22:03 -0700
To: public-fx@w3.org
In the CSS list we're discussing an aspect-ratio property which would
hold a box to a particular width/height ratio.  Currently the proposed
syntax is for the property to take a single <number> or two
<integer>s.

Someone on the list pointed out that he thought SVG allowed aspect
ratios to be specified with two numbers (that is, something like "8 by
4.5" rather than "16 by 9").  He couldn't find a reference when I
asked for it, though.

So, in similar situations where you specify an aspect ratio as two
numbers, does SVG have any prior art on whether the two should be
integers or numbers?  I'd like it to match if so.

~TJ