Re: Archive Structure

Heya,

On May 4, 2010, at 10:25 , Anthony Grasso wrote:
> I propose the following structure for the archive:
>
> - ROOT
>  - proposals  [folder for proposal documents]
>  - tools      [folder for any scripts and similar tools non-spec related]
>  - modules       [folder for the modules]
>    - MODULE_NAME     [folder that contains the HTML specification files]
>      - test          [folder for the tests relating to the module]
>      - errata        [folder for the errata documents]
>      - resources     [folder for any CSS, images or examples relating to the specification]

I don't want to bikeshed (I don't personally care) but I'm bringing this up because it's a recent requirement for publication that you might not be aware of. For multi-file specifications (e.g. if you have images), the W3C webmaster now requires that publication requests be made with a pointer to a self-contained specification. With the above setup you'd have to copy files over to a specific directory for that. You can avoid that by using a module structure like this instead:

MODULE_NAME
  - spec
    - resources (or however you wish to call it, no need for a convention)
  - tests
  - errata

It might make your life easier at each pubreq — that's all.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/