W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > February 2015

Minutes 2015-02-18

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:46:35 +0100
To: "Forms WG" <public-forms@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.xt9cnxtcsmjzpq@steven-aspire-s7>
Sorry, forgot to invite rrsagent...

15:01	Zakim	Team_(forms)14:00Z has now started
15:03	Steven	Chair: Steven
	Steven	Regrets: Philip, Nick
15:04	Steven	Agenda:  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2015Feb/0013.html
	Steven	Topic: Finish off Section 11
	Steven	http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/XForms_2.0#XForms_Actions
15:05	Steven	Steven: I have one more comment in section 11
	Steven	http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/XForms_2.0#The_dispatch_Element
15:06	Steven	"If a run-time element is destroyed, then any delayed events  
targeted at that element are removed from the delayed event queue. A  
run-time element may be destroyed for a number of reasons, including  
shutdown of the form or removal of form controls associated by a repeat  
with an instance data node that is destroyed."
15:07	Steven	Erik: dispatch requires identifying a target
15:08	Steven	Steven: Do we refer to "run-time elements being destroyed"  
anywhere else?
	Steven	Erik: 9.4.1
	ebruchez	"A repeat object is an implicitly generated group element that  
contains the set of run-time objects generated to represent the repeat  
template content for a single repeat item of the repeat collection. These  
run-time objects are form controls, XForms actions and other host language  
elements that correspond to markup content in the repeat template. If an  
item of the repeat collection is non-relevant, then the rendering approach  
used to signify non-relev[CUT]
	ebruchez	applied to the user interface controls of the associated repeat  
object."
15:09	Steven	Steven: All "run-time objects".
	Steven	Erik: In the repeat section it talks about repeat objects.
15:10	Steven	Steven: What is the intention of this section?
	Steven	Erik: You can't dispatch to an element that doesn't exist.
15:11	Steven	... like in a repeat
15:12	Steven	Steven: An event is dispatched to the current item in a  
repeat.
15:13	Steven	Erik: The one at the time the action is run, not when it is  
actually dispatched after a delay.
	Steven	... so something might have changed
	Steven	Steven: In fact there may be no element at all when it comes to be  
dispatched.
	Steven	Erik: Yes.
	Steven	Steven: So you're happy with this wording?
15:14	Steven	Erik: You could change "element" to "object"
	Steven	Steven: I'm OK if you are with it.
15:15	Steven	 Steven: Any more comments on 11?
	Steven	Erik: I still have to review section 11.
	Steven	Steven: So there may still be some to come.
	Steven	Topic: Section 12
	Steven	http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/XForms_2.0#Conformance
15:16	Steven	Alain: It only mentions XPath 1.0
	Steven	Steven: That was one of my comments too.
15:18	Steven	Steven: With a "Model processor" do we need to mention JSON  
as external format?
15:19	Steven	Erik: We don't want to make many features options, right?
	Steven	Steven: Right.
	Steven	... so all must be MUST or a SHOULD
15:20	Steven	Erik: Submission is a SHOULD
	Steven	Steven: I was surprised by that on reflection
15:21	Steven	... ODF is a model processor, because it has a different UI  
module
15:22	Steven	Erik: Does it have submission?
	Steven	Steven: [looks] Yes, it does.
15:23	Steven	Steven: So should we make JSON a MUST.
15:24	Steven	Erik: Yes.
	Steven	Alain: Agree.
	Steven	ACTION: Steven to add JSON to specification of Model Processor
		trackbot is creating a new ACTION.
	trackbot	Created ACTION-2011 - Add json to specification of model  
processor [on Steven Pemberton - due 2015-02-25].
	Steven	Steven: And make submission a MUST as well?
	Steven	Erik: Right.
15:25	Steven	ACTION: Steven to make submission a MUST in Model Processor
		trackbot is creating a new ACTION.
	trackbot	Created ACTION-2012 - Make submission a must in model processor  
[on Steven Pemberton - due 2015-02-25].
	Steven	Erik: And we have a SHOULD for <group> in full. I don't see why.
	Steven	Steven: I'm in favour of making that a must.
	Steven	Erik: Agree.
	Steven	Alain: Me too
15:26	Steven	Erik: Same for toggle and switch
	Steven	Steven: Agree
15:27	Steven	Alain: Agree
	Steven	ACTION: Steven to make toggle, switch a MUST
		trackbot is creating a new ACTION.
	trackbot	Created ACTION-2013 - Make toggle, switch a must [on Steven  
Pemberton - due 2015-02-25].
15:28	Steven	Steven: It says only SHOULD for https.... do we agree?
15:29	Steven	Erik: We changed the examples to use https... if anything  
there is more.
	Steven	Steven: It's sending the wrong message in a way.
15:30	Steven	Erik: You could imagine very restrictive examples where https  
is not needed,
	Steven	... but for "full" I think we should require it.
15:31	Steven	Erik: It is hard to implement file: scheme
	Steven	Alain: We partially implement it, but the user has to allow it via  
a dialog
	Steven	... but it is useful.
15:32	Steven	Erik: Webapps don't normally use the file store
	Steven	Steven: They use local data
15:33	Steven	Erik: I think https should be a MUST
15:34	Steven	Alain: Agree
	Steven	Erik: file: a MAY
	Steven	Alain: Agree
	Steven	ACTION: Steven to make https a MUST, file: a MAY
		trackbot is creating a new ACTION.
	trackbot	Created ACTION-2014 - Make https a must, file: a may [on Steven  
Pemberton - due 2015-02-25].
15:36	Steven	Topic: AOB
	Steven	Steven: For next week we should review the rest of the spec,  
glossary, refs, and examples.
15:37	Zakim	-Steven
	Zakim	-[IPcaller]
	Zakim	Team_(forms)14:00Z has ended
	Zakim	Attendees were ebruchez, Steven, Alain, [IPcaller], Dimitris
	Steven	Steven: You're back home next week Erik?
	Steven	Erik: Yes
	Steven	Steven: OK, so call at regular time
	Steven	[ADJOURN]

Summary of Actions
trackbot	Created ACTION-2011 - Add json to specification of model  
processor [on Steven Pemberton - due 2015-02-25].
trackbot	Created ACTION-2012 - Make submission a must in model processor  
[on Steven Pemberton - due 2015-02-25].
trackbot	Created ACTION-2013 - Make toggle, switch a must [on Steven  
Pemberton - due 2015-02-25].
trackbot	Created ACTION-2014 - Make https a must, file: a may [on Steven  
Pemberton - due 2015-02-25].
Received on Wednesday, 18 February 2015 14:47:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 18 February 2015 14:47:13 UTC