Re: [Xsltforms-support] Is XForms a failure to learn from?

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com
> wrote:

> My point is this: for something to be a success it needs to serve a need,
> so that need has to exist or you have to create it via marketing. AngularJS
> does both.

That's an awfully low bar, A thing of less than 5 years vintage is being
declared a success!?  As many NoSQL vendors (because they mix too many bad
ideas in their products) will soon discover it is not enough just to be
"NOT" something (whether that something is SQL or XML).

Genuine paradigm shifting events in IT come few and far between and when
they do come they aren't usually coated in the flavour of the implementors
favourite programming language. Often they result from a belated
realisation that a historical solution (ignored because of "poor marketing"
or technological limitations of the day) got the fundamentals and is in
fact the right solution.