Is XForms a failure to learn from?

From: Alain Couthures <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 11:07:41 +0200
To: Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>, "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>, "xsltforms-support@lists.sourceforge.net" <Xsltforms-support@lists.sourceforge.net>
All,

Having a look at AB/2014-2015 Priorities/w3c work success
(https://www.w3.org/wiki/AB/2014-2015_Priorities/w3c_work_success), I
can read that XForms is one of the "failures to learn from".

Surely, there is a lot to be said about XForms as a failure. In this
list of "failures", I would personally add XSLT and XQuery for very
similar reasons, and surely SVG some years ago, if they all had to be
considered as effective Web, or client-side, technologies.

What do you think? Shouldn't we write what has to be written?

Thanks!

-Alain