Re: Diff of event-type changes

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 06:59:37 +0200, Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org> wrote:

> Steven,
>
> A couple of comments/questions on this:
>
> 1. Are we ok that this is not backward-compatible? That is, if a form
> relied on a given error-type, that type might change between XForms
> 1.1 and XForms 2.

That was a question I raised in the meeting. Normally it would not be OK
in a point change (1.0 to 1.1 for instance) but a major number change
usually means that there are some non-backwards compatibilities.

> 2. I am unclear whether error-message is meant to be consumed by code
> or by humans. In general a message is rather informal. Here, when we
> say for example "and an error-message of the unacceptable media type",
> does that mean that error-message has to be, strictly, e.g.
> "image/gif", or can the message be for example "Unsupported media type
> image/gif"?

I think we can decide. The use case I foresee is to discover why a
submission is failing, and so it is for a human.

Steven