Chrome about to remove XSLT from browser

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 09:21:10 -0700
To: "Forms WG" <public-forms@w3.org>
Hi XForms WG!

I just ran across a news item, maybe old news to all of you(?), that XSLT
is near to be removed from the Chrome browser.

I've heard the conjecture that it may have to do with Google not indexing
XML that has PIs, so this removal would help speed the transition to JSON.
 It's hard to figure out what problem might have been solved by not
indexing XML with PIs, and it's harder to figure out how a simple
syntactic translation to JSON might fix whatever that problem was.  Maybe
it was just a bad conjecture, but I haven't heard any others yet.

Any thoughts on why this removal might be under consideration?
Is this alarming or not really of concern for XForms?

Thanks,
John Boyer