Re: ACTION-1931: Propose text for @accept on upload (Forms Working Group)

All,

In today's call we haven't yet resolved to adopt upload/@accept, but to
summarize I am in favor for the following reasons:

- internal consistency: (and here @mediatype and the child mediatype
element clash)
- consistency with HTML: @accept is in HTML [1] and HTML Living Standard
elaborates on it [2]
- support in browsers was poor until not long ago but is now coming, see
highest rated answer here [3]

I tried the demo linked from [3] and it's working with recent versions of
Chrome and Firefox. This means that it's easy to support this feature now
in browser-based XForms implementations.

-Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#adef-accept
[2]
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/states-of-the-type-attribute.html#file-upload-state-(type=file)